10 Helpful Tips For Writing An Essay On Leadership
For some, writing an essay can be a dreaded task. Getting a topic you are not accustomed to can be added stress since a lot of research will be required before you can start writing. For most students, one such topic is leadership. This topic can turn out to be very challenging since it can develop into a wide variety of sub – topics. A few tips can simplify the process of writing an essay on the topic of leadership. Here are some pointers:
- To write an essay on leadership, you first need to define the term for yourself. A definition of this term can be found through thorough research using books and/or the internet.
- Discuss the qualities of a leader. This will add to your already mentioned definition. Start by researching this well and then discuss the qualities with reference to examples.
- Explain the importance of all qualities and how they can make or break the leader in question.
- Use examples of leaders by putting emphasis on not only their good qualities but their bad qualities as well. This will show that you understand what you are discussing and are able to connect what you mention to real life figures.
- Explain how certain skills of a leader can improve real - life situations by given examples of a few. Remember to mention how a lack of such skills will have a negative impact on the same situations.
- After discussing the traits of a leader, decide on a niche or certain sub - topic about leadership that you wish to address. Make sure that you personally find the topic interesting – this will ease the writing process for you.
- Do thorough research regarding the niche or topic you have picked. Research can be done through the internet, books, magazine articles or by interviewing people in leadership positions.
- After collecting all relevant researched information regarding your chosen topic, you need to carefully study it in order to pin-point important facts and information. These will be the center discussion points.
- Make sure that the transition from leadership skills explained and the niche you choose flow smoothly by explaining how the skills contribute to your chosen sub – topic.
- End your essay off by explaining what you have personally gained through research of this topic.