A Point By Point Guide On Creating A Compare And Contrast Essay
Compare and contrast essays might not be the most preferred task for most students to deal with. Luckily, there are useful techniques on how to properly handle this form of assigned writing task.
Here are some of the things that can guide you as you start the writing process:
- Make sure to discreetly consider two or more texts which you are being tasked to compose about.
- Create a list of the main similarities as well as distinctions in your texts.
- Separate the most essential points and turn them into your paper’s main argument.
- Compose an outline which shall create the skeleton of your composition.
- Make sure to fill in textual details in order to compose the written discourse.
- Finally, work on the necessary revisions. Allow others to read your work for some feedbacks and recommendations.
Keep in mind that you cannot come up with an excellent written discourse without reading what you are tasked to work on first. Indeed, for you to produce a good composition, it is a must to go over them carefully. It is helpful to jot down notes as you read and highlight the ones which are valuable. Take note that this type of pre-writing task can provide you a logical and sensible head-start on your actual paper when you start writing it.
At the time you have already read everything you need to, it is a must to make a list of how those tasks are similar and distinct to each other. Hinging on how arranged your thoughts are, you may merely note down some main points on a blank sheet or type them in your computer or it is also fine to come up with an actual list that is designed with columns for factors that the texts share and those they do not share. At this stage, it is crucial to note down whatever comes to your mind even though you think some aren’t that important.
At the time you are fine with your list, it is high time to go back through and choose the points which you feel are most essentially similar and distinct. It is critical to search for the things which you think and feel shall lead to the most fascinating written discourse you can compose. In addition, it is good to pick out elements that are paramount to the identity of both tasks. Take note of the main characters, primary themes and the messages of both works as these shall provide the foundation for your paper.