Great Ideas For Composing An Essay On Philosophy Of Nursing
Nursing is a profession where caring for people is a true art from. So, if you’re assigned an essay on the philosophy of the practice of providing care for the sick, you have many good topics to write your paper about. It’s interesting to study the professional standards, compassion, and professionalism. You may find a quote of a famous person about nursing philosophy and explain it in your work or pick one of the prompts provided below.
Sample Ideas for Writing an Essay on Nursing Philosophy
A philosophy of any profession depends on different factors. In your essay, you’re expected to demonstrate your own position toward the issue under study. However, you may also select a more general topic to address from this list:
- Two basics of nursing philosophy: professional organization and individual definitions.
- A person’s perception of nursing: the factors of influence.
- Respecting the autonomy of patients: the role of dignity and worth.
- Helping others as a nursing’s general philosophy principle.
- Professional growth: learning from the mistakes and putting losses behind.
- Taking care of many people as just a job.
- Being the best health care provider: performing tasks in both professional and personal senses.
- The main points of the American nurses’ code of ethics.
- How the values of nurses can change over their careers.
- Treating patients as they would want to be treated: the essence of the philosophy of nursing.
- What is considered as humane treatment?
- The forms of caring and uncaring behaviors: how to differentiate these two?
- Nursing as a state of mind and a way of life: what it takes to be a caring nurse.
- Considering cultural and spiritual differences with patience and respect.
- The influence of religion on nursing philosophy in your area.
Tips for Preparing a Nursing Philosophy Essay
It’s recommended to find out more about the profession before you start selecting the topic. In addition, following these tips will help you polish your main idea and decide what type of paper to create:
- Start from reading what nursing is in a dictionary.
- Think of the purposes that nurses fulfill and their role in society.
- Come up with the most important characteristics that a perfect nurse should have.
- Make a list of important values to uphold and some mistakes to avoid.
- Learn more about a typical nursing career.
- Explore how relationships with colleagues could possibly influence commitments to patients and their families.